DO-S BANCHOUUUU

DO-S BANCHOUUUU
I awakened my inner Do-M thanks to this^ guy.(they took down their horizontal banner so =/)

Friday, August 7, 2015

Happy SG50! - Majulah Singapura - Ar(red)ngement-

HAPPY SG50!!!


Original:
Majulah Singapura
National Anthem of Singapore
Composed by Zubir Said, 1958

Midi: Hamienet
Arrangement: nova
Vocaloid Manipulation and Mixing: Akairi

I've always wanted to make a weird arrange for the anthem, and here it is! Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Paused my other Process Logs to do this one first, cause it is two days from National Day!!!

I was wondering what kind of VB to use, but I stuck with Miku_Original because it's her most vibrant VB in V3. Miku_Solid is a hit and miss for me cause it's too shout-y and unclear.
I used pitch snap mode this time... She still doesn't sound very robotic to me though lol have I been desensitised??!!
Wanting a slightly faster arrange, I set the BPM of this to 124.
I still don't know how to mix and master so it's really lousy when it's just me clicking random stuff and if it sounds ok it stays set lmao. Actually I can't even read music cries I TRY THOUGH withe the pdf file on the MINDEF's site... it was so hard.... too many beansprouts...
I want to do another rearrangement again!!! Hopefully more drumstrep-y!! But I would have to learn music first lol and nova too i guess.

If by any chance someone wants the VSQ just ask me!

If you're wondering: "But Miku is a Vocaloid by a Japanese company tsk it's not a tribute at all" Read my comment on the YT vid:
"Well Vocaloid is an instrument after all, so I hope people will understand where I'm coming from when I decided to make this. Sure Miku is a Japanese Vocaloid by Crypton, but then and again I'm sure we all use instruments/paint/devices from all over the world to make tribute stuff yea? As such please see this arrange as a separate work from the normal "Vocaloid covers". The option of using my own voice is rejected, not all of us are The Voice contestants alright."
Which is also why I decided to not make Miku the main focus in the name of the video title and didn't tag her. It would be a really good clickbait if I did though lol.
And if you still find fault in my decision here's another reason: Because I can. And I hurt no real person in the process.

I really love the design of the bag!!! To those who are unfamiliar with it, it's designed to look like the traditional Chinese calendar where we tear out the pages everyday. It brought back a nostalgic feeling for me actually, cause I do remember my late grandparents on both side using it when I was young. The date is set to 9 August 1965, where Singapore got it's independence. When I showed it to my mom said why,  because I can only use it during National Day every year but TO HELL WITH THAT PEOPLE CARRY UNION JACKS ALL THE TIME TOO SO I DO WHAT I WANT!!! 
If you like the bag too you can get it here. It's designed by Olivia Lee!
The photo was taken by me on my iPhone(btw when i tried updating to iOS 8 this week it pulled shit on me and told me that it couldnt be updated and i had to do a facotry reset SO I LOST ALL MY PHOTOS/NOTES/APPS DATA FOR THIS YEAR OH MY GOD I HATE APPLE), then pulled some filter on it lol.

I've put this on the YT post too: 
I saw an interview on TV with Mr.陈 (sorry it was too fast for me to catch his name) and being in his 70s now he talked about the time from WWII till Singapore's independence(1965). SG was under Japanese control during WWII, so he had to sing the Japanese anthem. After the war SG was under British rule again, and then he sang the British anthem. During the merger(1963-1965) with Malaya(now Malaysia), he sang the Malaysian anthem. And in 1965, he sang the Singaporean anthem and has only sung it ever since. After hearing his heartfelt story i now see the anthem in another way; it's really amazing how the current SG is has people born into vastly different generations to be able to hear stories from our elders like this. I'm really happy. I also recently learnt that my late maternal grandmother was a Samsui woman that's cool.

I won't live till SG100, but man am I curious as to how it'll be then.

No comments:

Post a Comment