DO-S BANCHOUUUU

DO-S BANCHOUUUU
I awakened my inner Do-M thanks to this^ guy.(they took down their horizontal banner so =/)

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Yuri Kuma Arashi ED TERRITORY Miku Cover Process Log

Ok this is a few days late but whatever I didn't even plan to write one for this at first.

So, yea my first Vocaloid cover!!! I was insistent on it being a HachioujiP-related work, because well, that man ignited my burning passion for VocaloidPs years ago and that led me to where I am today. (If you knew me well enough you'll know everything I did for him for 2 events when he was here in SG. I AM A BIG HACHIOUJI-P FAN!!)
Laughs I only knew about YKA because he was in-charge of the ED, but I found myself really loving the anime a lot! if you wanna talk abt YKA you're always welcome i love Lulu and Mirun and Yurizono  It has really intricate art and the tessellations are easily my fav thing. To me, it's not a character driven show, so I treat the characters more like representations. Anyway---



Composer: 八王子P
Arrangement: DJ’TEKINA//SOMETHING
Lyrics: はいのことん
I used Crescen♪o's midi to help know where to put the notes. in the end i messed up anyway i'm an embarrassment i'm sorry

Tuning Part

Just a heads up that I am practically 99% music illiterate. And most probably tone deaf. This is just a process log I think my methods grate the ears of musicians.

Hmm here's what she sounded like at first when I did the midi and input the lyrics and stuff:
If you're music literate unlike me, you'll know right away that it's slow and longer than the original.
Well I didn't realise it and just went right ahead to tune. Man was I in for a huge shock when I tried to match up my finished tuned vocal track with the instrumental. so yeeeeeeaaaahhhh *redos everything for the 19329864th time*

Oh this was a realisation that I had after uploading everything and was working on my current cover: After Jing's suggested to look up on keys, I realised I had made a huge mistake in music. Miku is actually off tune with the music and the major she is in is totally messed up. This is because after importing the midi I simply dragged all the notes down without any regard to changing the notes to suit whatever key I was going for.
please be proud of my new discovery; i read so many different explanations trying to understand what the hell are chords
I'll stick to original keys from now on lol everything i touch dies.

I keep using small bits and pieces of notes to bend the pitch so uhhhhhh idk if it's ok??? Original sounds alright with this method, but when I tried it with Dark, Soft, Sweet, she sounded even more horrible than she usually does (yes i love miku but c'mon we all love flawed humans too right *vague shrugging*), but for pitch bends that use the parameters they sound good, especially Dark ohhhhhh boooy i love Dark's pitchbends.

It's like I do the dumbest shit in every upload I make. This time I didn't realise that the instrumental for the song in the ED single was for the full length song only when I bought it. So yeaaaa.... I had to cut the instrumental and piece it like it's some jugsaw. The front part i got from the anime(the original instrumental didn't have the 'uwuwwwwwuuuaaaaa' part and hey i like that part ok.)
But ok the CD design is really cute-pretty and I'm adding it to my HachioujiP CD collection so I don't regret anything whooooo

MMD Image Part
was based on a scene from the anime:
I absolutely adore the mirror scene(s) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so beautifullll the whole anime is beautiful

I really really REALLY love REM-maple's model of MikuV3 so yea using the model in this video was a no brainer!!! I was lucky to find DamianHandy's model of a rifle, and it looks similar to the one in the show so yaaaayy
Set it up, posed miku, loaded a BG img file, used the usual ドゥドゥ, そぼろ, おたもん, ビームマン effects I use...
After remembering belatedly that WorkingFloor doesn't reflect the effects applied to the model (and the reflection IS the main part of the image), I rendered two different images, one with miku's back and the other her front. After that i just combined them in CSP.
The most amusing part was the "mirror reflection" effect duuuuude I just used white spray brush, drew diagonal stripes, erase the parts where non-mirror Miku was at and viola I just bullshitted my way in a minute bravo cheating self.

If you want the image in full res(3840x2160, no text), I've uploaded it here! Under Options, click on Download. Personal use only!

Then yea AviUtl is my BFF in video editing. WAaaaaAAAaaaAAAaaavVVVVvvEEEeeeeforms. Gotta luv waveforms. Bless easy AviUtl waveforms. *bows to KEN-sama*


So yea this was another wiiiilldd ride. Learning new things everyday that's what I live for man.


On a side note, my HQ!!MMD has reached 2,525 views on NND!!! (2525 is ni-go-ni-go in Japanese, it sounds like niconico. they have something like an achievement for it lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment